Saturday, June 4, 2016
Come and meet as a community to enjoy a celebration of Pitt Meadows
and summer fun for the whole family!
Schedule of Events:
7:00 am to 10:00 am: Bring your whole family to enjoy pancakes at the Pitt Meadows Lions Breakfast at Heritage Hall. $4/ adult, $2/ children 12 & under
9:00 am – 10:30 am: Parade participants check-in
11:00 am to 12:45 pm: The parade starts at Blakely Road and Hammond Road, goes west on Hammond Road and north on Harris Road to end at the Harris Road Park.
- 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm: Enjoy free activities at Harris Park including sports activities, bouncy castles, rock wall climbing, and stage entertainment.
1:30 pm: Opening Ceremonies. Join us for the crowning of Miss Pitt Meadows and the Royal Party, Pitt Meadows Foundation Citizen of the Year recognition and Lynn Papp Awards at the Centennial Stage in Harris Road Park.
12:00 pm to 7:00 pm: Centennial Stage at Harris Road Park featuring free concerts by local performers
- 2:00 pm: Youth Scooter Contest at the Youth Action Park open to youth ages 13-18. Register on-site.
- 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm: “World Famous in Pitt Meadows” salmon and chicken barbeque dinners in Heritage Hall. The Pitt Meadows Volunteer Fire Department have been preparing and cooking the salmon for at least 40 years. $10/ plate.
- 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm: Family Dance at Heritage Hall. Everyone is welcome to join; many family favourites including the chicken dance, the macarena, and YMCA!
- After Sunset: Gather at the Pitt Meadows Athletic Park (South Bonson and Airport Way) for the Centennial fireworks display put on by the Pitt Meadows Fire & Rescue Service.