Invisalign® uses 3-D computer imaging technology to depict the complete treatment plan from the initial position to the final desired position from which a series of custom-made “Aligners” are produced. Each “Aligner” moves teeth incrementally and is worn for about two weeks, then replaced by the next in the series until the final position is achieved.
Aligners are made of clear, strong medical grade plastic that is virtually invisible when worn. They look similar to clear tooth-whitening trays, but are custom-made for a better fit to move teeth. Some orthodontists and dentists have referred to them as “contact lenses for teeth.”
How does Invisalign® effectively move teeth?
Like brackets and archwires, Invisalign® Aligners move teeth through the appropriate placement of controlled force on the teeth. The difference is that Invisalign® not only controls forces, but also controls the timing of the force application. At each stage, only certain teeth are allowed to move, and these movements are determined by the orthodontic treatment plan for that particular stage. This results in an efficient force delivery system.
There are four primary benefits of Invisalign®:
1. Invisalign® is nearly invisible-you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
2. Invisalign® is removable-you can eat and drink what you want in treatment; you can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
3. Invisalign® is comfortable-there are no metal brackets or wires to cause mouth irritation; no metal or wires also means you spend less time in the doctor’s chair getting adjustments.
4. Invisalign® allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan before you start-so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
Invisalign® is the easiest way for you to straighten your teeth without metal brackets and wires. We have many experienced Invisalign® certified dentists to help get your teeth straighter and the smile you have always wanted.
Book your Invisalign® consultation today!
Practices Providing Basic Restorative Dentistry
- 200th Street Dental
- Aaargon Dental Centre
- AARK Dental at Coquitlam Centre
- Acu Dental Clinic
- Aldergrove General and Family Dentistry
- Arbutus North Dental Centre
- Asha Dental Centre
- Willowbrook Park Dental
- Atlantis Dental Centre
- Brick Yard Station Dental
- Capilano Mall Dental Centre
- Clayton Dental Center
- Coquitlam General & Sedation Dentistry
- Derna Dental Clinic
- Downtown Dental
- Eagle Landing Dental Centre
- Grandview Corners Dental and Wellness Centre
- Granville Station Dental
- Guildford Family Dental
- Harbour Centre Dental
- Kerrisdale General and Cosmetic Dentistry
- Langley Laser Dental Centre
- Lougheed Laser Dental Group
- MAX Dental in Yaletown
- Meadowtown Dental Centre
- Meadowvale Family Dental Centre
- Mega Dental Group
- Metroplex Dental Centre
- North Shore Dental Group
- Pacific Centre Dental Group
- Sage Dental Centre
- South Point Dental Centre
- Sumas Mountain Village Dental
- Suter Brook Dental Group
- Thunderbird Dental Group
- Wesbrook Village Dental Centre
- Willoughby Dental Centre
- Willow Dental Care Chilliwack
- Willow Dental Care Garrison
- Willow Dental Care Vancouver
- Willow Dental Care Westend