The Zoom!® In-Office Whitening System uses proprietary technology to whiten your teeth an average of eight shades (individual results may vary) in about one hour while you relax at your dentist’s office.
Zoom!® is a revolutionary tooth whitening procedure. It’s safe effective and fast, very fast. In just over an hour, your teeth will be dramatically whiter. The convenience of Zoom! in comparison to days of using strips or wearing trays makes it the perfect choice for the busy individual.
The Zoom!® teeth whitening procedure follows these steps:
1. A dentist checks their patient’s teeth and gums. This is because the dentist must first decide whether or not the patient’s gums are healthy enough to handle teeth bleaching.
2. If the patient is able to proceed with the Zoom!® teeth whitening procedure, the dentist will then embark on a short preparation to isolate the patient’s lips and gums.
3. From there, the dentist will then apply the Zoom!® whitening gel, which contains specifically formulated, pH balanced hydrogen peroxide, on the patient’s teeth.
4. To activate the Zoom!® whitening gel, the dentist applies a specially designed, low-heat light that penetrates the patient’s teeth. The effect of this process is that the hydrogen peroxide contained in the Zoom!® whitening gel attaches itself to stained molecules on the teeth, weakening them. This allows oxygen to enter the patient’s tooth enamel and whitens them.
5. The dentist then repeats this twenty-minute gel application two more times for the Zoom!® teeth whitening system to reach its full effect.
6. To end the Zoom!® teeth whitening procedure, the patient undergoes a five-minute fluoride treatment.